none
Windows 8.1 UILanguage not applied after set in Customsettings.ini RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • I made a Reference image of Windows 8.1 with MDT2013, included 3 languages :nl-NL, fr-FR and de-DE.

    in the deployment i set UILanguage=nl-NL in the Customsetting.ini, this setting is not applied, after finishing the Deployment, the Language is still en-US.

    if i set SkipLocalSellection=NO, so i get to choose the prefered Language, it will be applied.

    is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

    gr

    Fred

    Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:57 PM

All replies

  • Hi Fred,

    Ive heard a couple of people talk about the same issue more and more but under different circumstances.

    However here are a few things you can try:

    Put the value in your bootstrap.ini (how crazy it may sound, since the customsettings.ini is thé place to declare the property and value)

    Import the language pack cab file in your packages share folder

    Instead of UILanguage, use ImageLanguage001=nl-NL

    Cheers!


    If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

    Thursday, December 12, 2013 3:40 PM
  • Rens,

    gonna try this, but.......

    ==

    Put the value in your bootstrap.ini (how crazy it may sound, since the customsettings.ini is thé place to declare the property and value)

    ------I doint have nl-NL language in my WinPE, so, doint know what this is gonna do, maybe will get a error?--

    Import the language pack cab file in your packages share folder

    --do you meen that i also import the LP in my Deployment share?, cose for now i only have it in my Reference share, and i doint think this is gonna do anything without the LanguagePack001=<guide> in the Customsettings.ini--

    Instead of UILanguage, use ImageLanguage001=nl-NL

    --i doint see ImageLanguage001 in the properties definition in the help file as a option?--

    Thanks,

    Fred

    Thursday, December 12, 2013 4:23 PM
  • Fred,

    It doesn't matter that you don't have the nl-NL language in WinPE, just try the value in the bootstrap.ini

    Second, yes I mean importing the languagepack in the share where you do your deployments with the value nl-NL

    And the property ImageLanguage001 can be seen in the BDD.log, you can find the MDT logs overhere:

    Where to find the right MDT logs or enable Dynamic Logging, by putting the following property and value in your customsettings.ini:
    SLShareDynamicLogging=%DeployRoot%\Logs\%COMPUTERNAME% this will copy the bdd.log file right back to the deploymentshare logs folder


    If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards


    Friday, December 13, 2013 8:12 AM
  • Rens,

    did put the UILanguage value in the Bootstrap.ini ( dispite the help file says its just for DB or Customsettings) and i put the ImageLanguage001 in the customsettings.ini.

    If i look at my bdd.log now ( was already using the Dynamic Logging) i get ImageLanguage001, 002 and 003, all pointing to en-US, thats strange because before it showed my injected languages.

    But!!...during deployment, Language is set now to nl-NL ....strange!, but working.

    i am gonna remove now 1 of the 2 settings to see wich one dus the trick

    thanks

    Fred

    Friday, December 13, 2013 11:46 AM