windows update dos not work in server 2012 r2 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi<o:p></o:p>

I have a windows standard server 2012 r2 that works like my domain controller and I have on it my active directory,dhcp,sql server and wsus<o:p></o:p>

I can see all my stations in the wsus and it works but the server itself does not get updates and give the error WindowsUpdate_80244017 when try to run manually<o:p></o:p>

ronnie

Monday, May 22, 2017 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Regarding error 80244017, please have a try adding WSUSServer\users with read/execute privileges to the WsusContent folder and it’s subfolders.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 5:16 AM
  • Hi Ronnie,

1. Stop the Windows Update service.

net stop wuauserv

2. Delete the Windows Update cache directory C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.

Remove-Item -Recurse -Force C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution

3. Restart the computer. (On one machine it required several restarts to actually get everything deleted from this directory, so keep trying if necessary.)

4. Run Windows Update manually again. It will fail almost instantly and offer to run a diagnostic tool. Download the tool and allow it to run.

5. The tool will find and fix some problems. At this point, run Windows Update manually again. Windows Update worked fine at this point.

also you can try this too..

Try this at an elevated command-prompt:

netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie

and reboot

Technet microsoft solutions.

• Proposed as answer by premraj subbu Thursday, May 25, 2017 9:01 AM
    Tuesday, May 23, 2017 6:24 AM
  • Try that but no good<o:p></o:p>

The users have permissions and also the domain\users

ronnie

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:53 AM
  • Hi ronnie,
    Please make sure that the users are WSUSserver\users which are added in the permission of WSUS content folder.
    And please have a try to update the windows server 2012 R2 from Microsoft windows update online and see if the error occurs again.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Wendy Jiang Monday, May 29, 2017 11:54 AM
    Friday, May 26, 2017 6:47 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Monday, May 29, 2017 11:55 AM
  • Also make sure IPv6 is enabled on all connected NICs on the server.

Adam Marshall, MCSE: Security
    http://www.adamj.org

• Proposed as answer by Wendy Jiang Friday, June 2, 2017 8:25 AM
    Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:22 AM
  • didnt try yet

will do that soon 

ronnie

Sunday, June 4, 2017 6:32 AM
  • Hi ronnie,

I am checking how the issue is going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 8:16 AM