Have to CLICK on each Lpane folder to open the Rpane folder view. In XP, scanning the Lpane with the arrow key ONLY would open the hilited folder. RRS feed

• General discussion

• This was a question in this forum, improperly closed by a moderator:

"when I use an arrow key to move to a folder name in the folder list in the left panel, the folder contents no longer show in the right hand file window., as it was in win9x and XP".

It was improperly and incorrecctly marked as answered, as follows:

>>"You can also get there by pressing the Alt key.  A menu bar will appear and you can select Tools the Options.  You can also expand the tree by press the right arrow key on the keyboard to expand the subfolders on the left-hand pane.Joe

>>Marked As Answer byFlowMaNMVP, ModeratorTuesday, January 13, 2009 10:00 PM"

The option simply does not work as the moderstor implied. It really is not that good if questions are marked as answered with no real check on the issue.

I was using a brand new Dell laptop with brand new Win7  installation + automatoc updates when I first noticed the issue. Some months later after many enquiries and frustating MS answers, I still have to CLICK on each Lpane folder to open the Rpane folder view. In XP, scanning the Lpane with the arrow key ONLY would open the hilited folder.

Please, suggest sites where this issue can be directed to the MS development team., or anybody at MS who may want to know about bugs. I can not find any.

Sunday, September 19, 2010 2:20 AM

All replies

• the other issue associated with this is that if u open a folder by clkg in the left pane it does not display the subs in the left pane. Then if u clk on a sub in the right pane it does not follow by opening the subs in the left pane. So u quickly have no clue where u are and must clk some more to find out.

It is actually all one big PAIN.

It may be a conspiracy to sell more mice by wearing them out.

Monday, September 20, 2010 12:36 PM