Application Failures in 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Users using terminal services are using office 2003 and when I checked the reliability monitor I noticed that internet explorer and outlook both either 'stopped working' or 'stopped responding' on a regular basis (nearly every day). When I look in the event log I cant find anything relating to these issues so I cant really troubleshoot. Both terminal servers are up to date with windows updates.

Any ideas?

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Would you please perform a clean boot of the problematic computer to see if the performance issues still exist?

Steps to clean boot:

1. Click Start->Run...-> type msconfig and press Enter

2. Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and Disable All third party Services.

3. Click Startup tab and Disable All startup items

4. Click OK and choose Restart

5. After reboot, check whether the problem still occurs

If you want to know the root cause of the issue, we need to analyze the performance log and dump file on the problematic server. Since the forum is not the best channel to troubleshoot this issue, I would suggest that you contact Microsoft Customer Support service to troubleshoot this issue efficiently. They are the best resource for this kind of issues.

You may obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?iid=174859&iguid=56907522-6886-4238-a70f-a1d06a4473c7_2_2&rdpath=1

Hope the issue will be resolved soon.

David Shen - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by David Shen Wednesday, February 11, 2009 1:20 AM
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 9:28 AM