SfB 2019 Server / Client - persistent chat RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I just upgraded SfB 2019 from 2015. I understand that the Microsoft took out persistent chat from server 2019. Now, all SfB client 2016 clients show "Your chat room access may be limited due to outage". Yeah! of course.

My question is how to get rip of the message on all SfB client 2016 clients

Thursday, December 20, 2018 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hi DanielLeung,

Yes, as you know, Persistent Chat can’t be deployed with Skype for Business Server 2019. This server role is removed from Topology Builder, as well as from the code.

In your environment, if you also want to use the PChat function after you migrate users to the SFB Server 2019, you need to retain an (empty) Skype for Business 2015 front end pool, which will allow the 2015 Persistent Chat Server component to be part of the 2019 pool deployment. Based on my research, albeit a new 2019 Persistent Chat Server role will not be introduced, the existing 2015 Persistent Chat Server role remains supported in Skype for Business 2019 moving forward! The Persistent Chat component will continue to enjoy security and stability fixes. For your issue, you need to check about this. You could refer to the following blog to find more details about this: The future of persistent chat in 2018 and beyond

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, December 21, 2018 3:19 AM
  • Yes, I know. 

The problem is the SfB client 2016 shows "Your chat room access may be limited due to outage". We don't really care about Persistent Chat because we never used it. I just want to know how to disable or remove the yellow warning box on SfB client 2016

The old SfB 2015 server was discommissioned completely.

• Edited by DanielLeung Friday, December 21, 2018 7:15 PM
    Friday, December 21, 2018 4:02 AM
  • Hi DanielLeung,

Based on my experience, if you have persistent chat policy without having persistent chat installed, the client may display the warning. For your issue, I suggest you could try to run the following command to check those policies: Get-CsPersistentChatCategory, if have the policies, you could run the following command to remove it: Remove-CsPersistentChatCategory. Details you could refer to the official document: Get-CsPersistentChatCategory

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Wednesday, December 26, 2018 2:04 AM
    Tuesday, December 25, 2018 6:00 AM
  • Hi,

When I run Get-CsPersistentChatCategory, it shows CategoryInfo : NotInstalled. Of course, the SfB doesn't have Persistent Chat.

Problem still not solve

Wednesday, December 26, 2018 3:07 AM
  • Hi DanielLeung,

Could you please also run the following command to check whether has some PChat rooms in your environment: Get-CsPersistentChatRoom.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, December 28, 2018 3:12 AM
  • Hi DanielLeung,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Tuesday, January 1, 2019 9:27 AM
  • I got this:

Get-CsPersistentChatRoom and Get-CsPersistentChatCategory doesn't work on SfB2019

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 5:45 PM