Different Purchases of Exchange 2010 have same product key. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have two different copies of exchange server 2010, purchased years apart, that have the same product key.

I received one a few years ago from a college course, and one was just purchased by my employer.  The product keys are the exact same.

Why is this?  Is it counterfeit??  I'm really confused.

Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:56 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

I have two different copies of exchange server 2010, purchased years apart, that have the same product key.

I received one a few years ago from a college course, and one was just purchased by my employer.  The product keys are the exact same.

I would ask the reseller you purchased it from.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Thursday, February 12, 2015 5:51 PM

All replies

• Hi All,

I would ask the reseller you purchased it from.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Thursday, February 12, 2015 5:51 PM

• I would ask the reseller you purchased it from.

I don't think the re-seller will have any information regarding the product key.  They definitely aren't going to help out if the software happens to be counterfeit...

I'm really just looking for verification that this is normal.  Surely someone else has noticed this as the same key I am referring to is all over the internet.

So has anyone purchased multiple copies of Exchange and noticed the keys match?  If you google your key do you find it all over the place?

Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:26 PM