none
Re-catalogue Tape RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Everyone,

I lost my tape barcode for a particular PG.

Whereas i am having the Tape Label name. Will i be able to get the respective Tape Barcode of the Tape Label.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 3:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Mani,

You can use below SQL query against the DPMDB to find the tape Labels and its corresponding barcode value.

select pd.DatasetId, map.MediaId, Label, LifeStatus, Generation, am.CreationDate, BarcodeValue from tbl_MM_PhysicalDataset pd
    join tbl_MM_MediaMap map
    on pd.DatasetId = map.DatasetId
    join tbl_MM_ArchiveMedia am
    on map.MediaId = am.MediaId
    left join tbl_MM_Media media
    on map.MediaId = media.MediaId
    order by CreationDate

It also gives the generation information like if it is a Weekly, Monthly or yearly: Use below information for the same.

GENERATION = 0 - GreatGrandFather (Yearly) , 1 - GrandFather (monthly), 2 - Father (Weekly), 3 - Son (daily incremental)

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Mani,

You can use below SQL query against the DPMDB to find the tape Labels and its corresponding barcode value.

select pd.DatasetId, map.MediaId, Label, LifeStatus, Generation, am.CreationDate, BarcodeValue from tbl_MM_PhysicalDataset pd
    join tbl_MM_MediaMap map
    on pd.DatasetId = map.DatasetId
    join tbl_MM_ArchiveMedia am
    on map.MediaId = am.MediaId
    left join tbl_MM_Media media
    on map.MediaId = media.MediaId
    order by CreationDate

It also gives the generation information like if it is a Weekly, Monthly or yearly: Use below information for the same.

GENERATION = 0 - GreatGrandFather (Yearly) , 1 - GrandFather (monthly), 2 - Father (Weekly), 3 - Son (daily incremental)

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 3:22 PM
  • Dear Everyone,

I lost my tape barcode for a particular PG.

Whereas i am having the Tape Label name. Will i be able to get the respective Tape Barcode of the Tape Label.

Hi,

You can also use Michael's PowerShell script in the link below to retrieve your tape barcode:
    DPM Tape List with ExpireDate, Barcode, Location, Name and recommended Action

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 3:39 PM
  • It worked perfect Aayoosh :)

Thank a lot for your help.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 3:43 PM
  • Thanks Leon !! I have this script and its handy !!!

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 5:17 PM
  • Any idea if we have NULL value in the Tape barcode. Possible to retire the Tape Barcode using Label Name what we have.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 5:19 PM
  • Hi,

You are seeing a NULL value in the tape barcode column because at the time of protection, the tape didn't have a barcode available or the tape Library was having issues reading the barcode for that given tape. Run below sql query against the DPMDB and see how many tapes are showing as NULL and then match it up with the DPM UI as they should be consistent. If you see any discrepancy, run a fast inventory so that UI is updated with the latest information and compare the output.

select SlotNum = SlotNum+1,Label,BarcodeValue from dbo.tbl_MM_Media
      where LibraryId =(SELECT libraryid FROM dbo.tbl_MM_Library
      where IsOffline = 0 and LibraryType =0)
      order by SlotNum

Regards
    Aayoosh Moitro

Tuesday, July 21, 2020 6:04 PM