Samsung R55 Notebook Geforce Go 7600 gives me a bluescreen (n4_mini) RRS feed

• Question

• Help,

Even with release Candidate my Windows Vista installation gives me a blue screen as soon as any Grafik Acceleration Code from my Geforce Go 7600 Driver (windows vista download version) is accessed. If i turn off any acceleration, everything works fine but I can't test the Aero look which should work with my card, as it is Windows Vista ready certified by NVidia.

Anyone with a solution on that ? I really would like to test the new "3D" Interface as i am about to compare it for an article with the Linux XGL Interface.

Uwe

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Peter,

sad enough no. Still geeting the same bluescreen with RC1. My research brought me to the conclusion that as long as Samsung isn't preparing a special driver for the R55 with Vista we seem to be out of luck. Sad enough the card works perfectly well on my Windows XP installation and even on my second partition with Suse Linux on it. Even those drivers give me perfect 3d performance..... (yes I am famous among my friends for testing any OS i can get my hands on ;) )

Greetings

Uwe

Friday, September 15, 2006 6:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Uwe

I have the same laptop with the same probelm.
    Have you found a solution for the problem yet?

Thanks,
    Peter
    Thursday, September 14, 2006 9:40 AM
  • Hi Peter,

sad enough no. Still geeting the same bluescreen with RC1. My research brought me to the conclusion that as long as Samsung isn't preparing a special driver for the R55 with Vista we seem to be out of luck. Sad enough the card works perfectly well on my Windows XP installation and even on my second partition with Suse Linux on it. Even those drivers give me perfect 3d performance..... (yes I am famous among my friends for testing any OS i can get my hands on ;) )

Greetings

Uwe

Friday, September 15, 2006 6:16 AM
  • Hi,

Had the same issue. I have an ASUS F3JM and the supplied video drivers do not allow AERO on Vista RC1. Simply causes a BSOD whenever DirectX functions are called.

Found a solution. Force install the 96.33 drivers from NVidia and select the Geforce GO 7600 LE version.

Viola!

NOTE: Force install simply means you select the option of "I have a disk" when you try to "Update drivers" from the Device Manager ;-)

Michael J.

Monday, September 18, 2006 9:24 PM
  • Hello,

sad enough this didn't work for me either. I could install the driver (96.33) using your recommendation but when i reboot i fall back to standard vga and the driver gives me the 43 Error.

So It seems I have to wait until Vista finally hits the shelves.

Greetings

Uwe H.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 7:28 AM
  • I don't think its just restricted to laptops.

I have a P4S800 Asus board, celeron 2.4G, XP Pro Service Pk2 & Geforce 7600.

I have recently bought Call of Duty 4.

Initially I could load COD4 installing it the normal way via the CD autorun.exe file but i only had a geforce 5700. When I tried to run it it said it wasn't compatible with the game.  So I upgraded to the 7600. Then my power supply wasn't enough so i upgraded that to 600W. now i have that blue screen. other games that need the 7600 run fine.

Someone did mention to me that some games have a default resolution settting and your display needs to match that setting in order to run properly......or there was a program i was running that corrupted my XP so I couldn't run that software........or the other solution was to start over, format the HD and reinstall everything......or upg the motherboard...

well don't know if you have any suggestions....

Scott

Friday, November 30, 2007 2:10 PM