calling packaged Visio - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154) class not registered RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of my customers has virtualized my application togehter with Visio in app-v. Visio is virtualized because of license reasons. Word and Excel are installed locally. The application is able to start Word and Excel. However, when I try to start Visio from my application I get this error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {00021A20-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

Of course, this key is not available on the local machine as Visio is not installed locally. We have seen that the key is available in the app-v package.

I think it is security/rights related. The user/pc is not able to read the registerkey in the app-v or cannot find the key? Correct?
    And if so, how can we correct this?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

• Edited by Djuke Friday, October 14, 2016 11:36 AM typo
    Friday, October 14, 2016 11:28 AM

All replies

• Please try and enable COM object interaction (default mode is isolated). You can set this checkbox in the sequencer (Tab advanced, "Allow All COM objects to interact with the local system").
    Yyou can also change this setting through the deployment or user config.xml, find and change COM mode to:
        <COM Mode="Integrated">
          <IntegratedCOMAttributes OutOfProcessEnabled="true" InProcessEnabled="false" />
        </COM>
    Maybe you even need to enable InProc.

Roy Essers

Friday, October 14, 2016 3:26 PM