.NET Framework patches are fail to install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install .NET Framework patches on XP machine but its getting failed.

I tried to reinstall all the .NET framework, but while uninstalling 3.5
    SP1 and 1.1 it gives success message but then after checking in
    add/remove programs found that its listed then I Tried to uninstall all other .NET framework except 3.5 SP1 and 1.1
    but it failed with error "The installer has encountered an unexpected
    error installing this package"

Tried every possible solution but not able to resolve this issue.

Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:29 AM

Answers

• Use .Net cleanup utility to clear all versions of dot net and then reinstall. I had same issues, solved the same using cleanup tool.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:31 PM

All replies

• Try uninstall all .net versions with problems and restart your PC and run Windows Update and whether you could install them.
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:48 AM
  • Use .Net cleanup utility to clear all versions of dot net and then reinstall. I had same issues, solved the same using cleanup tool.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:31 PM