GatewaySDP: Incompatible stream direction RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am having an issue with call transfers from SfB EV clients to the PSTN. The SBC's are virtual Oracle Enterprise Session Border Controllers, and the trunk configuration is using media bypass and REFER support. All other call scenarios are working fine, when trying to transfer a call the message below gets logged on the mediation server:

SDP negotiation failed with the Trunk.

Trunk FQDN "SBC FQDN";trunk="SBC FQDN", Reason GatewaySDP: Incompatible stream direction

Cause: The Trunk is either not configured correctly, incompatible with Mediation Server, or not certified.

Resolution:

Check that the Mediation server and Trunk are configured correctly.

Call transfers were working at one stage and we had to rebuild the SBC's due to some stability issues. After the SBC rebuild these issues started happening.

Trunk configuration is below:

Identity                                  : Service:PstnGateway:SBCFQDN
    OutboundTranslationRulesList              : {Description=;Pattern=^(\+\d*)(;ext=\d*)?$;Translation=$1;Name=REMOVE-EXT}
    SipResponseCodeTranslationRulesList       : {}
    OutboundCallingNumberTranslationRulesList : {Description=;Pattern=^(\+\d*)(;ext=\d*)?$;Translation=$1;Name=REMOVE-EXT}
    PstnUsages                                : {}
    Description                               : APAC 05
    ConcentratedTopology                      : True
    EnableBypass                              : True
    EnableMobileTrunkSupport                  : False
    EnableReferSupport                        : True
    EnableSessionTimer                        : False
    EnableSignalBoost                         : False
    MaxEarlyDialogs                           : 20
    RemovePlusFromUri                         : False
    RTCPActiveCalls                           : True
    RTCPCallsOnHold                           : True
    SRTPMode                                  : Required
    EnablePIDFLOSupport                       : False
    EnableRTPLatching                         : False
    EnableOnlineVoice                         : False
    ForwardCallHistory                        : False
    Enable3pccRefer                           : False
    ForwardPAI                                : False
    EnableFastFailoverTimer                   : True
    EnableLocationRestriction                 : False
    NetworkSiteID                             :

Monday, October 9, 2017 6:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Dewalt Kotze,

Based on your description, did you mean you can’t do call transfer successfully? Are there any error message with your SFB client?

According to the error message, it looks like that the sip trunk is misconfigured, please refer to the following document to check the steps for SIP trunk

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205127.aspx

Moreover, you could also try to disable “refer support” in Skype for Business control panel under voice routing.

You can also try to use Microsoft remote connectivity analyzer test if there are any errors

https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:13 AM
  • Hi Alice

Thanks for the reply, yes call transfer to PSTN numbers fail. We are using Media Bypass so ReferSupport is required unless you disable RTCPActiveCalls and RTCPCallsOnHold which is not ideal.

For test purposed I did disable those options after which I am able to successfully transfer a call to a PSTN number. The SBC's are Oracle virtual SBC's which are on the supported list of SBC's and this used to work with those options set to true. We had to rebuild the SBC's and it seems like after the rebuild the transfer issues started.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:54 PM
  • Hi dewalt,

Thanks for your response

Did you check if there are errors with Microsoft remote connectivity analyzer?

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 3:12 AM
  • Hi

I managed to get the call transfer to PSTN resolved by adding some SIP manipulation rules to the SBC. This resolved the 488 we got back from SfB. I still have an issue that I cannot transfer an inbound call from the PSTN between two SfB users, the call signals, but it never rings the other SfB user.

I am not sure what checking the remote connectivity analyzer will show since this issue is only isolated to call transfers, all other functions work normally.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 2:06 PM
  • Great information!

I think use connectivity analyzer will check if there is error during the connection.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 6:47 AM