GPO for local intranet compatibility RRS feed

• Question

• Turn on Internet Explorer Standards Mode for Local Intranet: This setting disables Compatibility View (enables Standards Mode) for all intranet websites.
    • Use Policy List of Internet Explorer 7 sites: This setting lets administrators add specific sites that must be viewed in Compatibility View. Users can add or remove sites from the list. However, they cannot remove sites that are specified by the administrator.

I have the first one turned on and also the second bullet which I added a site to the list which happens to be an intranet site. It seems that the first bullet overides the second, at least that is what I am experiencing. also, why does the first bullet have to be a computer policy and doesn't seem to work if I include it in the user configuration? But really what I'm trying to do is either disable compatibility for local intranet but include a few sites where I want compatibility but happen to also be intranet sites or vice versa , leave compatibility view for local intranet but exclude a few intranet sites from this. Thank You

Thursday, May 2, 2013 6:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think the policy “Turn on Internet Explorer Standards Mode for Local Intranet” is for all internets web sites:

“As an example, if you are confident all your internal line of business applications and web sites work best with IE8, you can enable Turn on Internet Explorer Standards Mode for Local Intranet Group Policy. This will overwrite the intranet standards mode to be IE8. ”

IE8 Group Policy

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2008/10/02/ie8-group-policy.aspx

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:07 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by coder128 Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:33 PM
    Monday, May 6, 2013 7:05 AM