none
Public Folder Clean-Up on Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

•    Hello to all, I received a demand that users must move all data from Exchange 2007 Public Folder (PF) to a file server because PF will hold just FORMs and will prob. be decomissioned on next year. Do you know an efficient way to identify what FORMs do I have on PF and where are they on the PF hierarchy so I guarantee that they are not moved or deleted on this operation? All clients are Outlook 2007 .

Best regards, EEOC .

Monday, January 14, 2013 5:27 PM

Answers

• If they aren't published in the Forms library, then they arent really Org Forms --- yet.

If the Organizational Forms Library doesnt appear when viewing via EMC or Powershell, then you dont have one as it was not required for Exchange 2007  - if you migrated from 2003 or earlier and you dont see the Orgs Form Library, then someone deleted it.

If the Forms are scattered throughout the PF tree, then you are in a real pickle. Assuming the forms are saved as a .oft file, you could search for it via Outlook ( if that even works in 2007), or script something  or 3rd party tools or use maybe your Exchange aware anti-virus program if it can search PFs by file attachment name.  I dont think there is a real good way to do that with PFs however. You may need to rely on your end users to locate and save those forms. 

• Marked as answer by EEOC Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:47 PM
    Monday, January 14, 2013 8:23 PM
  • Open Outlook and access the Org Forms to see the individual forms.

You can see where the replicas with PS or EMC:

Get-PublicFolder "\NON_IPM_SUBTREE\EFORMS REGISTRY\Organizational Forms Library"" | FL

( that is the default name and you may have more than one of using lang other than English

Monday, January 14, 2013 6:08 PM

All replies

• Open Outlook and access the Org Forms to see the individual forms.

You can see where the replicas with PS or EMC:

Get-PublicFolder "\NON_IPM_SUBTREE\EFORMS REGISTRY\Organizational Forms Library"" | FL

( that is the default name and you may have more than one of using lang other than English

Monday, January 14, 2013 6:08 PM
  •    Hello Andy, thanks for the quick answer.

I checked the Org. Forms registry folder on Exchange Management Console (EMC) and it doesn`t have any subfolders. I tried to see Org. Forms on Outlook but unsuccessfully (does not appear even with Exchange Server Admin credential). I know that there are dozens of FORMs scattered over the PF tree (I'm sure that they are not necessarily under Org. Forms folder) and what I really need is a way to identify these scattered FORMs and where they are so I can keep them while users begin to clean their data from PF --> File Server.

Best regards, EEOC.

Monday, January 14, 2013 8:00 PM
  • If they aren't published in the Forms library, then they arent really Org Forms --- yet.

If the Organizational Forms Library doesnt appear when viewing via EMC or Powershell, then you dont have one as it was not required for Exchange 2007  - if you migrated from 2003 or earlier and you dont see the Orgs Form Library, then someone deleted it.

If the Forms are scattered throughout the PF tree, then you are in a real pickle. Assuming the forms are saved as a .oft file, you could search for it via Outlook ( if that even works in 2007), or script something  or 3rd party tools or use maybe your Exchange aware anti-virus program if it can search PFs by file attachment name.  I dont think there is a real good way to do that with PFs however. You may need to rely on your end users to locate and save those forms. 

• Marked as answer by EEOC Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:47 PM
    Monday, January 14, 2013 8:23 PM