Fake Email from my sister, I think, but actually sent with someone else's email account RRS feed

• Question

• On a weekly basis, I get an email from someone using my sister’s name, lets say Sally Smith. The Email in my email account shows these identifiers: Sally Smith, (my sister’s name) [no email address that matches her identity but that is corrected when I open the email. And in the subject the email has “re: for Richard Gleason”. If I open the email I see this email address: info@siekmeier.eu] And then the spammer writes: “When you have a minute or two you may want to have a look at this http://a4ng.xxxxxx.site/richard-gleason/. “ A link that I did not open; and I’ve Xed out part of that link!

My question, is there any way to create an Outlook rule to delete or move an email with just a name, e.g., Sally Smith when the email is actually from info@siekmeier.eu and he or she uses a different sender’s email address every week?]               

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 11:32 PM

All replies

• My question, is there any way to create an Outlook rule to delete or move an email with just a name, e.g., Sally Smith when the email is actually from ***** and he or she uses a different sender’s email address every week?         

Hi,

What’s your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

Normally, we can create following rule: Apply this rule after the messages arrives > From People or public group > move it to the Junk Email folder > Stop processing more rules.(The name should be the same with the display name in email message)

The condition “from people or public group” works based on the display name of the sender instead of email address. To avoid Outlook moving email really from your sister to Junk Email folder, you can add her address to Safe Sender list. To do this, please click Home > Junk > Junk Email Options > Safe Senders > Add.

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, January 9, 2019 5:27 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, January 10, 2019 5:47 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, January 14, 2019 9:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, January 14, 2019 9:36 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2019 5:19 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried the suggestion above? Do these messages get blocked successfully?

I'm writing to see if the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, January 11, 2019 8:05 AM
    Friday, January 11, 2019 8:04 AM