SCOM 2012 RC - SCVMM 2012 RC - Virtual machine manager management group is not getting monitored RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have integrated SCOM 2012 with SCVMM 2012 environment. I could see two strange behaviors. All these instance are running on Windows 2008 R2 + Sp1 OS along with SQL 2008 R2 for database.

1) I could see two instance of VirtualmanagerDB in the Database State view under the Microsoft SQL Server, out of that one is showing as monitored and another one is showing as not monitored. Why it is showing two instance of the same database? How can I remove the not monitored one?

2) In the distributed apps- Virtual machine manager management group is not showing as a monitored item. However the SCVMM server is getting monitored.

I'd appreciate if someone could help me out in understanding and resolving this.

Regards,

Ren.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:36 PM

All replies

• AgentWatcher state is not monitored because there are no monitors that target AgentWatcher.

for 1) what is the Path for VirtualManagerDB object that you are seeing two objects. There could be 2 VMMserver monitored by same OM server or they could be of different Paths. So its not very clear from which view are you getting that result list.

2) Yes, Virtual Machine Manager Management Group will be in NOT monitored state. This is by design. There are no monitors that are currently applied/target this object, and hence it's state is in uninitialized state.

Friday, April 6, 2012 12:34 AM
  • Hi Sridhar,

The first view is been taken from Virtual Machine Manager -->Agents-->Health State. As an answer to your question, both path are pointing to the same server and same path (virtual machine manager server). I don't have any other SCVMM server other than this.

Regards,

Ren.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:33 AM
  • Hi

I opened up a connect ticket on this on 17th Jan so sorry for not noticing your post earlier. The response was:

Health State dashboard view is targeted to two state views. "Agent Watcher State" and "Agent State". "Agent State" view (view with duplicate entry) is targeted to an abstract class "VMM Agent" which has below child classes.

VMM Library Agent
        VMM Host Agent
        Guest Agent

For the Dashboard view, we need to taget the view to "Host Agent" not "VMM Agent". When we install VMM, it adds itself as a Library server and that is the reason for duplicate entry (VMM Library Agent).

Cheers

Graham

Regards Graham New System Center 2012 Blog! - http://www.systemcentersolutions.co.uk
    View OpsMgr tips and tricks at http://systemcentersolutions.wordpress.com/

Monday, April 23, 2012 8:47 AM
  • Got exact same thing, duplicated VirtualMachineDB, how to fix the constant alert? should I disable the monitor?

Management Group: CLOUD. Script: DiscoverSQL2012Files.js : Cannot login to database [servernamehere][SCVMM:master]

note: SQL Action/monitoring account is ok, the other "path" to the virtualmachineDB works fine!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 8:09 PM