Creating Hyperlinks for KPI's RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've found similar questions but none that actually answered my question so I'm taking my chanses and creating a new thread.

This is a school project as my bachelor thesis, meaning I'm no expert so try and bear with me. Ok:

I am using SharePoint 2010 PerformancePoint Services and are trying to:

What I want to do is to link a KPI from my Scorecard to elements outside of the dashboard. Whether it is done by hyperlinks or other measuers doesn't really mather. I am aware of the "built-in connection" function that allows me to connect different elements within the same page to eachother. But as far as I can tell this is limited to working on the same page? For instance I would like the user to be able to click a cell of the KPI and then be redirected to another page on the SharePoint site.

I made an emergency solution with an extra column in the scorecard filled with properties (as plain hyperlinks) assigned to the different KPI's so that you can click "details" and be redirected for each and every one of them. But this is going to cause some problems in the long run. Is there a way to simply say that "Link this KPI/cell/click" to this site/page" ?

In advance, thanks

Glenn

Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:45 AM

Answers

• Place it in the PPSWebParts folder and make sure your code is the same provided in the second link with the param name.  This is definitely not an out-of-the-box solution and it would be nice to have this functionality built-in.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by GlennYtterdal Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:17 PM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:46 PM

All replies

• Take a look at these previous threads, these should provide the details you are looking for:

Hyperlink in Tooltips for KPI's

Hyperlink from KPI in PPS 2010

Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:19 PM
  • Hi Dan, and thank you for your reply.

I've read some of your previous posts regarding this issue and they proved real helpfull. However, I'm allready way over my head trying to make this configuration (as of lack in experience and knowledge). Hopefully you have the time to answer a few my additional questions:

Do I have to edit the redir.aspx in any way to suit my situation? (I am not a developer) It looks as the following:

<%

@ Page Language="C#"%>

• <%
    • string js = @"
    • <script language=""javascript"">
    • window.parent.navigate(""{0}"");
    • </script>";
    • string reff = Request.Params["OverridingURL"];
    • if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(reff))
    • Response.Write(string.Format(js, reff));
    • %>

Also, I've seen several different opinions on where to save this file. What location is the correct?

Will SP PPS now understand that I am trying to use this reference when I assign a property to a KPI as a hyperlink?

Again, thank you.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:35 PM
  • Place it in the PPSWebParts folder and make sure your code is the same provided in the second link with the param name.  This is definitely not an out-of-the-box solution and it would be nice to have this functionality built-in.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by GlennYtterdal Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:17 PM
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:46 PM
  • Indeed it would be a nice built-in functionality.

I think I am almost done. Tried to use Heidi Tr's tutorial explained in the link u gave me.

The only think I dont understand is the part when I am to use the redir.aspx as the url for the Report view web page. I extracted the redir.aspx to another source; in the PPSWebParts as you suggested. How does she use this as a site? Do I have to deploy it in some way?

EDIT:

I read through some other threads and understood the thing about the URL;
    Using the "Use the URL http://servername/_layouts/ppswebparts/redir.aspx. "

I also managed to create the connection between the website report and the scorecard using the OverridingURL. It still didnt work. I see in Heidis tutorial that when she types in OverridingURL as the name of the property the cell turns grey. This doesn't happen to me.

Anyways, I will not take more of your time. Thank you so much for aiding me in this matter Dan!:)

EDIT!

IT WORKED!  Finally. Thank you for your help! Great burden of my shoulders!

Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:00 PM