none
English vs English International RRS feed

• Question

• Does anybody knows the difference between Windows 8.1 English and Windows 8.1 English International distribution?

Friday, December 20, 2013 6:56 PM

Answers

• I haven't seen it listed that way.
    Where are you seeing it listed like that?

In my MSDN, I can see the English-UK (en-GB), and the English (en-US) downloads:

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, December 21, 2013 2:07 AM
  • I haven't personally explored the difference, but, from other discussions here in the forums, it seems the UK(en-GB) is pre-configured with defaults for display-language, spelling/proofing, locale, currency, etc for UK.

Windows8 is the first time MS have created a British-specific setup, and perhaps wanted it to be included in the "English" language downloads section, and make it "obvious" that it's now available:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2012/02/21/using-the-language-you-want.aspx

http://www.geekosystem.com/windows-8-english-united-kingdom/

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Sunday, December 22, 2013 5:39 AM

All replies

• I haven't seen it listed that way.
    Where are you seeing it listed like that?

In my MSDN, I can see the English-UK (en-GB), and the English (en-US) downloads:

Don

Saturday, December 21, 2013 2:07 AM
  • i'm seeing like that at VLSC download, there are 2 .iso name SW_DVD5_Win_Pro_8.1_64BIT_Eng_Intl_MLF_X18-96633 and SW_DVD5_Win_Pro_8.1_64BIT_English_MLF_X18-96634

But you are right, if burned DVD it label it as: "something"EN-GB"something" and something"EN-US"something,  so what the diference between EN-GB and EN-US. Course one is for UK and other for US, but technically speaking ...
    • Edited by EASF-BR Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:52 AM
    Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:45 AM
  • I haven't personally explored the difference, but, from other discussions here in the forums, it seems the UK(en-GB) is pre-configured with defaults for display-language, spelling/proofing, locale, currency, etc for UK.

Windows8 is the first time MS have created a British-specific setup, and perhaps wanted it to be included in the "English" language downloads section, and make it "obvious" that it's now available:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2012/02/21/using-the-language-you-want.aspx

http://www.geekosystem.com/windows-8-english-united-kingdom/

Don

Sunday, December 22, 2013 5:39 AM
  • how about cryptograph parts? I know that to some other countries there is diference between domestic version and international version in cryptograph parts.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 5:06 PM
  • Hi,

I didn't find conclusive information so I decide to post this after checking.

The downloads provided by Microsoft are like this:

English = EN-US

English International = EN-GB

• Edited by Rui Paz Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:24 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Arda Kilicdagi Wednesday, July 29, 2015 1:20 PM
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:24 PM
  • I know what he is asking, because I have seen it before.  For example:

Win10_EnglishInternational_x64.iso

Win10_EnglishInternational_x32.iso

The International English  includes various localized English Languages which Windows should support grammatically, like  AU, UK, Jamaica, Trinidad etc. It should also support the Keyboard layout, as there are International Keyboards. 

• Edited by Netverse Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:44 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Netverse Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:44 AM
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 8:41 AM