none
Please tell what to do if I see this error while opening an plan or while saving this plan? RRS feed

• Question

• Error messsge: the enterprise global already contains a table named “Enterprise Entry”.

Do you want to replace the table with the one from the enterprise global, replace all items with duplicates, rename the table in the project, or cancel opening the project.
    Please tell what to do if I see this error while opening an plan or while saving this plan?

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 11:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please open your Enterprise global form server setting then you need to either change the duplicate table name or delete it . Once you will do it, issue will be resolved.

http://www.mpug.com/articles/ask-the-experts-configuring-the-project-server-2010-enterprise-global-template/

you need to compare global non cached enterprise and checked in enterprise global then delete or rename the duplicate entry table name.

kirtesh

• Proposed as answer by Kirteshtiw Wednesday, December 18, 2013 11:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by MSP-Learner Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:48 AM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 11:30 AM
  • Can you please let me knw what will happen if i choose "rename" or "replace all"..
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:20 PM
  • You need not to delete non enterprise table (in your case entry table). You have duplicate entry in the Enterprise Global that you have to delete .once you open organizer then you will see window like below:

Once you will open Enterprise global click on organizer as per link given in above reply from me.  you need to select Table tab from organizer.

In the checked- out enterprise global you have to delete duplicate entry table. once you will delete  it just save the global enterprise.

Close MPP then reopen it.

then you will not face the issue

kirtesh

• Edited by Kirteshtiw Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:12 PM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:47 PM
  • A-K-J --

The error message indicates that your Project Server administrator has accidentally polluted the Enterprise Global file with local view and/or tables.  The solution does not lie with the user.  It does not really matter what button the user clicks in the dialog, since only the Project Server administrator can solve this problem.  To solve the problem, the Project Server administrator must do the following:

1. Open the Enterprise Global file editing.
    2. Click File > Organizer.
    3. On the right side of the Organizer dialog (in the Enterprise Global file), delete any non-enterprise views.  There should be NO views named Gantt Chart, Resource Sheet, etc.  The only default enterprise view is named Enterprise Gantt Chart, which should not be deleted.
    4. Click the Tables tab.
    5. On the right side of the Organizer dialog, delete any non-enterprise tables.  There should be NO tables named Entry, Work, Cost, etc.  The only default enterprise table is named Enterprise Entry, which should not be deleted.
    6. Click the Close button.
    7. Save the Enterprise Global file.
    8. Close the Enterprise Global file.
    9. Close Microsoft Project, relaunch the software, and log into Project Server again.

After completing the above steps, every PM should also exit Microsoft Project and relaunch the software again.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:58 PM
  • Unfortunately, that is not the case of a corrupted enterprise global.  Gemma and I finally found the solution after you left.  IF you see this, select replace.  There is an issue with Project Server 2013 that we had not encountered in 2010 or prior.

Case #1)  If the end user changes anything to a view, and then does a save as, the new view is created BUT the underlying table ENTRY is ALSO changed.

Case #2)  Uses system on desktop - deletes a field by using hide.  It is now WIPED off the ENTRY table and when it is uploaded to server, there is a mismatch

Case #3)  User does same for #2, but does save for sharing.

Depending on how MANY fields are wiped out, even save for sharing might pop up an error such as Active Filter cannot be saved.

So when the user selects replace, the proper table will be created; however, any changes the user had become accustomed to are lost.  However, save for sharing now works fully, publishing times are WAY faster, etc., until the end user makes the change again because they have to have that field.

Timothy Atwood

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 2:50 PM