none
IE 11 installed, Yahoo mail says browser not up to date, reverts to old version email RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased a new computer. Windows 10 and IE 11 came with it. When I use Yahoo Mail, it says I have an old version of the internet browser and forces me to use the old version of mail. It wants me to upgrade but sends me to Firefox. Yahoo is identified in the compatibility list. Any suggestions?
    Tuesday, March 1, 2016 8:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Tools>Compatibility View Settings,

1. Remove yahoo.com from the list of sites.

2. check "Include updated web site lists from Microsoft" (although yahoo domains are not on any MS list).

Possibly you may require to restart your computer and reconnect to the internet for the full changes to take affect.... IE11 should now not use Compatibility View for yahoo domains and so be identified as a 'modern' web browser.

Also as a precaution...

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab,

click "Reset all zones to default"

... Trusted sites zone icon, 'Sites' button.... remove any yahoo domains from the list of Trusted sites... Generally there is no need for home users to have any websites in their IE Trusted Sites list..... The TSL is actually less secure (eg. it allows unsigned activeX controls to run)... and it is mostly used by government and large enterprise networks.

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 12:06 AM