locked
MDT 2013 U1 or U2 Settings per Task Sequence RRS feed

  • Question

  • Before I upgraded to MDT 2013 U1 from Vanilla MDT 2013, I had successfully modified the "DeployWiz_SelectTS.vbs" which essentially reran the ZTIGather.wsf.

    After upgrading to MDT 2013 U1 and then U2, this has now broken.

    Has anyone figured out how to have customsettings based off of Task Sequences?

    Here is the reference that I used to make it work in the past.

    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e17a1952-d1f7-41ef-8231-0d6fcc41882e/mdt-2012-settings-per-task-sequence?forum=mdt

    Wednesday, January 6, 2016 4:26 PM

Answers

  • I figured out what the issue was. During the upgrade, ZTIGather.wsf was replaced with a new copy. I re-edited the script and it started working.

    I should have expected this since the fix I was using wasn't supported.

    • Marked as answer by TrueQuazL Friday, January 22, 2016 2:46 PM
    Friday, January 22, 2016 2:46 PM

All replies

  • It is something you could set in the task sequence.

    Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

    Thursday, January 7, 2016 5:42 AM
  • I too am having the issue of nothing under each TS settings are being processed. Default section is fine. This has broken my bitlocker deployment. :( I will try the link you posted. ty

    • Edited by Hisako Thursday, January 7, 2016 3:14 PM
    Thursday, January 7, 2016 3:13 PM
  • I do have the customsettings.ini in the first gather of the TS. Still no go.
    Thursday, January 7, 2016 3:15 PM
  • I wasn't saying you needed to have customsettings.ini in the first gather.  I was saying add some setup Task Sequence Variable steps in the TS.

    Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

    • Marked as answer by Ty Glander Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:44 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by TrueQuazL Friday, January 22, 2016 2:46 PM
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:44 AM
  • I figured out what the issue was. During the upgrade, ZTIGather.wsf was replaced with a new copy. I re-edited the script and it started working.

    I should have expected this since the fix I was using wasn't supported.

    • Marked as answer by TrueQuazL Friday, January 22, 2016 2:46 PM
    Friday, January 22, 2016 2:46 PM