Citrix SharePoint 2007 Opening files RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Bit of a strange issue compounded by the fact that I know little to nothing about Citrix.

We have  document library with a number of Visio documents in it. When uses open .vsd file from this library locally from the SharePoint server or from a normal pc the files opens with no issues. If they open the same .vsd files via a Citrix session it tries to open it in .vtx format and passes out errors.

Is there anyone who has some insight into this issue or who might be able to point me in the right direction?

Brian Jones

Monday, June 16, 2014 11:57 AM

Answers

• please go through this link;

http://www.jasonsamuel.com/2013/03/26/opening-sharepoint-documents-in-a-windows-7-xendesktop-session-using-xenapp-published-office-products-with-content-redirection/

definitely a setting to be performed on Citrix (not sure, which one)....

BTWN: How do files of other type (say, docx, pptx, etc) behave in IE published on Citrix, where VSD files are giving the mentioned error ?

Naveed.DG MCITP, MCTS -SharePoint 2010 Administrator "Vote As Helpful" If it helps!!

• Marked as answer by Brian R Jones Friday, June 20, 2014 10:41 AM
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:10 AM

All replies

• assuming the browser is IE, what are the differences in the browser settings in normal PC and Citrix session ?

try adding the SharePoint site to "Trusted Sites" in IE of the Citirx (i.e. IE which is published on Citirx)

Naveed.DG MCITP, MCTS -SharePoint 2010 Administrator "Vote As Helpful" If it helps!!

Monday, June 16, 2014 12:58 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions. I reset the browser settings on both environments and made sure all settings are the same. I also tried trusted sites and I am still getting the same issue unfortunately.

Brian Jones

Monday, June 16, 2014 1:23 PM
  • please go through this link;

http://www.jasonsamuel.com/2013/03/26/opening-sharepoint-documents-in-a-windows-7-xendesktop-session-using-xenapp-published-office-products-with-content-redirection/

definitely a setting to be performed on Citrix (not sure, which one)....

BTWN: How do files of other type (say, docx, pptx, etc) behave in IE published on Citrix, where VSD files are giving the mentioned error ?

• Marked as answer by Brian R Jones Friday, June 20, 2014 10:41 AM
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:10 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I will take a look at that blog. I can confirm that the issue is occuring with pptx files also.

Regards,

Brian Jones

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:12 AM