none
Unable to connect Power Query to Salesforce through custom domain RRS feed

• Question

• If I try a straight login / connection through Power Query, I get "Your company's authentication service is currently down.  Please contact the administrator at your company for more information".

If I try to connect via the Custom Domain, new box will pop up, opening up an IE window in Excel, where I can log in and it does connect me to my default page, but the Power Query connection does not connect.

You can see the successful connection but the Salesforce connection in Power Query isn't made.  Is this a custom domain connection issue, a company security issue or a Saleforce connection bug?

• Edited by johncon Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:46 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Ouch. This capability isn't currently supported -- largely because I wasn't aware of its existence :(.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:02 PM
  • This is basically the same category of issue as the desire to connect either to production or to a sandbox, and we'll likely solve it at the same time and in a similar way. No timeframe to a real solution, unfortunately, but we might be able to provide a workaround before then.
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:09 PM
  • It would help us greatly if you could identify whether "Prevent login from https://login.salesforce.com" has been enabled for your custom domain.
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 3:28 PM
  • First off, I can never undestand how Microsoft can have these forums operate efficiently if just about ever response is entered as a duplicate entry.  Across many different forum channel, for years, I continue to see multiple entries, regardless of browser I'm using.  It just seems unprofessional and so counter productive to the image that Microsoft is trying to project, but that's a different rant.

I'm in the process of getting some information on how our system is set up.  Working for a large company, local IT is good for somethings but when it comes down to system settings for global salesforce roll-outs, the team can only answer so much.  Until I discover the settings at my side, it's a bit early to have some mark a solution as answered if not all the facts are in.  Someone have some sort of strange forum quota for closures going on?

Just curious.  There's this add-in that is supposed to let you connect to Saleforce, but may not connect to Production or Sandbox environment or custom domain because there's a choice?  I realize this is the first iteration and the video and description look good but how long before it becomes more versatile and open to more users whom might be in a similar situation?

Don't get me wrong guys (and girls).  I love that this product and these various forums do exist to flush out problems of users and I sincerely appreciate the time and effort everyone puts into helping out where/when they can, but it is very much a sour grapes situation for me.  It's a bit like 1 step forward and 2 steps back.  It will be nice when we get to the final destination, I just hope it happens sooner, rather than later.

Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:05 PM
  • Be awaiting this fix as well - or a work-around.

Custom domain company.my.salesforce.com (where company .. is my company) does not work.

My company uses a federation service for single sign-on

Friday, November 28, 2014 6:51 PM
  • I don't know how the federation service will influence things, but the next release will let you specify a login server when connecting to Salesforce.com (or you can leave the field blank to pick the default).
    Sunday, November 30, 2014 12:55 PM
  • We. Have progressed a version, but it doesn't seem to include this fix, am I correct? I get a JavaScript error everytime I try to type in the Custom domain box
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:31 AM
  • I just downloaded the latest PowerQuery and PBIDesigner. I tried logging in with custom domain company.my.salesforce.com and can't log in. Any new updastes on when this will be fixed?
    Friday, May 1, 2015 10:40 PM
  • Yes, please -- we need to be able to test our data models against non-production sources (i.e. test.salesforce.com).   Anxiously awaiting a workaround or update.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2015 6:14 PM
  • This functionality is available by manipulating the query expression (in the Query Editor -> View -> Advanced Editor). You can pass the login URL of the custom domain as the argument to Salesforce.Data or Salesforce.Reports - for example: =Salesforce.Data("https://company.my.salesforce.com")

UI support will hopefully come soon.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 7:50 PM