none
a connection to the deployment share could not be made. connection ok RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i have deployment windows 7 by MDT,and there is something wrong with the test. i have a MDT Service and 2 clients that one is updated and another is used to capture the image.but when i captured the image,there is error."a connection to the deployment share could not be made. connection ok" 

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:16 PM

Answers

• Hi!

After sysprep and capture step has run, all drivers have been unassigned from the machine.
    So during deployment of your custom image you need to reapply the drivers suitable for just that machine type.
    There are many guides on the web how to do this.

Best regards

Henrik

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:46 AM

All replies

• According to your pictures, it looks like the boot image is missing network drivers.
    Are you running on a physical machine?
    The best way to create and capture your custom images is to use a virtual machine, in most cases you don't even have to add any network drivers at all.

Best regards

Henrik

• Edited by Henrik Antin Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:47 AM misspelled
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:21 PM
  • i create and capture the image from physical machine,and i create the network drivers on the MDT console. And it will generate the winPE.When i capture and restart the machine, it will get the error. 
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:26 AM
  • Hi!

After sysprep and capture step has run, all drivers have been unassigned from the machine.
    So during deployment of your custom image you need to reapply the drivers suitable for just that machine type.
    There are many guides on the web how to do this.

Best regards

Henrik

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:46 AM