Deploying System Center 2012 in a small environment RRS feed

• Question

• We have a small environment with limited resources and we are looking to deploy:

• Config Manager 2012
    • VMM 2012
    • DPM 2012
    • Ops manager 2012
    • Orchestrator (not 100% on that yet)
    • Endpoint Protection
    • Service manager (still trying to sell that one)

The big problem with this is allocation of resources, Ideally this would be deployed on 5 Hyper-V virtual servers and 1 physical (I'm aware Endpoint is integrated into config manager) but allocating that many servers for such a small environment has raised the question if we need to. Is it possible or wise to deploy multiple system centre 2012 applications on the same server?

If we can we were thinking that DPM would be on its own server and all the others deployed on another, would that work?

Also we only have about 500 users so could anyone give us an idea on what kind of load we would expect to see on SQL?

Thanks

Thursday, June 21, 2012 9:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Ross87,

The thread below has some information from someone that was trying to do something similar:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appcontroller/thread/4430fb60-02f0-40eb-971d-1a743730d414

For a test or lab environment you can put multiple System Center components on a single virtual machine, however for improved manageability I'd recommend separating each one out onto its own virtual machine. Configuring the virtual machines with Dynamic Memory can help you 'right size' the memory needed for your environment.

Its hard for me to comment on SQL Server load as each component has different database demands based on usage.

Kind Regards,

Richard

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Ross87 Monday, July 9, 2012 8:35 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 8:11 PM