none
Host Initiated Process deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, This is a question about the host initiated process (HIP)/BizTalk host integration server 2010.

I really like the feature of BizTalk 2010 where in I can directly deploy the Windows Initiated process (WIP) assembly in the BizTalk admin console using HostApps adapter, without ever entering the TI Manager. But can any one suggest if the same HostApps or some other adapter can be used to deploy the Host Initiated process (HIP) assembly directly in BizTalk server admin console instead of deploying it first in TI Manager?

For the HIP I am using TCP/IP, ELM and the call originates from CICS screens and mainframe batch.

I hope my question is clear, Thanks in advance for your valuable help.

• Edited by msgk Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:56 PM
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:46 PM

Answers

• The BizTalk Adapter for Host Applications does not support HIP. It only support WIP.

You might be interested in the upcoming HIS 2013 release where TI Manager is no longer included with TI. All of the TI configuration can be done using an app.config file and the SQL Server requirement is gone. The Beta release is available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35553.

Note: The BizTalk Adapter for Host Applications still does not include support for HIP.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

• Marked as answer by msgk Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:53 PM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:16 PM

All replies

• The BizTalk Adapter for Host Applications does not support HIP. It only support WIP.

You might be interested in the upcoming HIS 2013 release where TI Manager is no longer included with TI. All of the TI configuration can be done using an app.config file and the SQL Server requirement is gone. The Beta release is available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35553.

Note: The BizTalk Adapter for Host Applications still does not include support for HIP.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

• Marked as answer by msgk Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:53 PM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:16 PM
  • Thanks Stephen.
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:53 PM