AppV 4.6: About Environment Variables? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I know how to add Environment variables in Appv.

But, in general we have 2 types of environment variables. System and User

But, we follow one method which is editing the OSD file and adding the environment variable. How does it differ adding the sytem variables and user variables in App-V.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 8:19 AM

Answers

• Environment variables added to OSD file will only take effect from within the virtual environment for that running application. Environment variables set for that package will be seen by all processes in that virtual environment, so you shouldn't have to distinguish between system and user variables.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:11 AM

All replies

• Environment variables added to OSD file will only take effect from within the virtual environment for that running application. Environment variables set for that package will be seen by all processes in that virtual environment, so you shouldn't have to distinguish between system and user variables.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:11 AM
  • Thank you Aaron.
    Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:16 AM