Windows Media Player Sucks RRS feed

• Question

• My all in one hp pro 32bit with web cam worked just fine until this Media Player thing showed up on it. NOW I can not open any of my files. I get this window that says it does not know where or what generated the file, it says I can use the intermet or choose form one on the list which neither does any good. And no matter what I do this Media thing keeps popping up. The only files or anything I can open up is what I had saved in my Favorites. And on top of everything else my computer wont let me DELETE the DANG thing.
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 6:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

Does it happen in Safe Mode?

I suspect some third-party applications caused this issue, please do a Clean Boot.

If it doesn’t work, I think a system restore could help you, you can restore the computer to the former time point that everything worked fine.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Friday, December 17, 2010 9:32 AM
    Monday, December 13, 2010 5:20 AM