windows system image manager version 10.0.10240.16384 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Sir/Madam,

I installed windows system image manager version 10.0.10240.16384 on my system and it cannot open the install.wim file which I copied from win 10 pro ISO. the program I launched by admin already.

the error as below:    

5:42 PM : This application requires version 10.0.10240.16384 of the Windows ADK.
    Install this version to correct the problem
    5:47 PM : 
    5:47 PM : Error opening Windows image at C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\install.wim.
    5:47 PM : 
    5:47 PM : System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format
    at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.WimFileHandle..ctor(String wimPath)
    at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.WimInfo..ctor(String wimPath)
    at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.Cpi.OpenWim(String wimPath)
    at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ImagePicker.GetImageInfoFromPath(String path)
    at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ImagePicker.ValidateImageFileOrFolder(String fileOrFolder)

any idea what went wrong? The ISO downloaded by media creation toolx64.

Looking for your reply.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Mike

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 9:55 AM

Answers

• It may not be installed correctly (something is wrong) because the error massage thinks it is not installed

5:42 PM : This application requires version 10.0.10240.16384 of the Windows ADK.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 11:26 AM
  • Hi,

You don’t need to run extra installation of Windows system image manager, it should installed with ADK, As mentioned by ZigZag, please try re-installing your ADK for good measure. if the issue still persists, try another ISO see if the issue still persists.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brandon Records Tuesday, October 13, 2015 5:19 PM
    Wednesday, October 7, 2015 2:42 AM

All replies

• That requires windows ADK.  Without it, the app will never run

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 10:33 AM
  • You should try Windows ADK (WSIM) ... http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=526740

Jesús Enrique Gonzales Azcarate [Colaborador de Comunidades Microsoft]

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 3:10 PM
  • Hi ZigZag,

I downloaded and installed ADK from the below link.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/dn913721.aspx

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 2:37 AM
  • It may not be installed correctly (something is wrong) because the error massage thinks it is not installed

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 11:26 AM
  • Hi,

You don’t need to run extra installation of Windows system image manager, it should installed with ADK, As mentioned by ZigZag, please try re-installing your ADK for good measure. if the issue still persists, try another ISO see if the issue still persists.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Tuesday, October 13, 2015 3:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Brandon Records Tuesday, October 13, 2015 5:19 PM
    Wednesday, October 7, 2015 2:42 AM