none
HUP and Office 2010 RRS feed

Answers

• Do you know if the HUP License Key will work with an Open Value downloaded copy of Office 2010?

Regards

I don't know if it will work. I wouldn't expect it to work, if the product key is for 2013 and the product is 2010.
    I think the licensing channel of the HUP products is "Retail", which is not the same as the "Volume" channel used for VL agreements.
    The other consideration is that you would be effectively performing a downgrade, and, HUP doesn't entitle downgrade rights.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:55 AM

All replies

• Nope.

HUP follows the product release lifecycle in a very rigid one-way direction. once the newer released product is made available, there's no going backwards..

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Friday, June 14, 2013 12:51 PM
  • Thanks for the response Don

Seems a bit limiting when home users are still running XP and 2013 is not compatible!

Regards

Friday, June 14, 2013 12:59 PM
  • Do you know if the HUP License Key will work with an Open Value downloaded copy of Office 2010?

Regards

Friday, June 14, 2013 1:03 PM

Regards

I don't know if it will work. I wouldn't expect it to work, if the product key is for 2013 and the product is 2010.
    I think the licensing channel of the HUP products is "Retail", which is not the same as the "Volume" channel used for VL agreements.
    The other consideration is that you would be effectively performing a downgrade, and, HUP doesn't entitle downgrade rights.

Don

Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:55 AM