Windows Media Player windows 7 dual monitor RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a dual monitor setup with windows 7

I came accross an odd behaviour:

When I play an MPEG-4 video on primary screen it works fine, however when I drag the WMP and drop it on the secondary screen the video stops and I get WMP dialog "Windows Media Player connot play the file. The player might not support the file type or might not support the codec...."

is this a known issue??

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:34 AM

Answers

• Have you installed any third party Codec packs? Based on the error message I suspect that the issue is caused by Codec. Please remove any third party Codec packs and see if the issue still occurs.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 9, 2011 8:43 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 4:04 AM

All replies

• I've seen this issue twice before but unfortunately never found out what causes it. Ended up using a different media player.e.g. VLC. and it fixed our issue.

This issue occurred when we used a laptop connected to a LCD TV.

The answers/solutions that I provide are from personal experience. They are as is and come with no warranty.
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:17 PM
  • Have you installed any third party Codec packs? Based on the error message I suspect that the issue is caused by Codec. Please remove any third party Codec packs and see if the issue still occurs.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 9, 2011 8:43 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 4:04 AM