Sound intermittently bursts loudly with any miltimedia RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am running Windows 7 Home premium, 64-bit. A couple of days ago, very suddenly, without any action/installation/ updates on my part, the sound started randomly blowing up when playing any kind of multimedia, including online streaming. All volume indicators remain at the level set, but the sound itself goes to maximum, creating a health hazard as regardless of the volume we set it, it deafens us. So, for example, streaming a youtube video at 50% volume and having the main volume set at 40%, the sound would burst to its loudest from time to time.

Tweaking the settings in the 'Sound' properties has had no effect. Updating the Realtek HD driver to the latest available also has done nothing to resolve the situation. The problem persists. OS has become unusable for anything that includes sound, and is now a health hazard. Please help.
    Monday, August 1, 2016 9:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I noticed that you have updated the Realtek HD driver to the latest available also has done nothing to resolve the situation. The problem persists.

I suppose that this problem may relate to hardware. I’m afraid your best bet is connecting manufacturer for further help.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I noticed that you have updated the Realtek HD driver to the latest available also has done nothing to resolve the situation. The problem persists.

I suppose that this problem may relate to hardware. I’m afraid your best bet is connecting manufacturer for further help.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:29 AM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you for a couple of days, have you solved the problem? What about the solution we have provided? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

• Edited by Tony_Tao Thursday, August 11, 2016 5:52 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 8:51 AM