Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 not installing RRS feed

• Question

• I'm so confused! I'm trying to install microsoft office small business 2007 but it keeps saying "cabinet file SMBrWW.CAB is corrupt which indicates network error, error reading from disk, or problem with this package." what does that mean, and how do I get past it to install the software? i very badly need it for my business! any help would be appreciated thanks

Mlb

Friday, June 15, 2007 1:59 PM

All replies

• Sounds like you have some issues with your Disc, download the 60day trial from MS and put your CDKey in when prompted. Should work...
    Friday, June 15, 2007 6:24 PM
  • Quote. I think you've got issues with your CD
    Friday, June 15, 2007 6:49 PM
  • I am having the exact same issue.  Is there a solution?

Saturday, August 2, 2008 12:01 AM
  • (the thread is 13 months old - these people are not even around anymore.....)
    If you're trying to install from a download package, re-download it (if possible, also try another computer to do that.)
    If you're installing from DVD, the disc may be damaged, or your optical drive may be having issues.
    So, any solution would depend on what you're using.  Smile

Saturday, August 2, 2008 3:03 AM
  • So what to do if these suggestions don't work?  I purchased Office 2007 Small Business off the Microsoft website and downloaded the related installation files, but I cannot get beyond this step in the installation.  After redownloading from a different computer it is still happening.  I am prompted for the SmallBusinessr.WW folder with the SMBrWW.cab file.  I can locate this file in the user's temp folder, but I get an "Invalid location" error upon selecting it.  Additionally, I have copied this folder to a different location and pointed the setup program to that location, but again it is the "Invalid location" message.  Please advise on a solution!!  Did I just waste $300?  Microsoft won't talk to me if I don't have a valid product ID which I don't get until the product is installed without paying an additional $49 support fee.  My frustration is boiling...

Thursday, August 14, 2008 5:58 PM
  • Try this (simple):
    Right-click on the downloaded installation file > properties, click 'unblock', 'apply', and 'ok.'
    Try to run the installation again.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:08 PM
  • Thanks, but that still doesn't work.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:31 PM
  • After some more digging, it appears that the setup file X12-30283.exe has a corrupt SMBrWW.cab file embedded in it or it is getting corrputed during the extraction.  If I launch the setup, it unpacks the files into the TMP-specified folder (I tried changing the location of this folder too, with no luck).  If the setup is still open I can browse to the TMP folder and find the specified SMBrWW.cab file.  When trying to manually extract the files in the cab results in a corrupted file message for all files in the cab after the Greeting.dpv file is extracted.  I have downloaded the X12-30283.exe file 7 times from different computers and different locations (trial version and link provided in the purchase confirmation).  Still no avail.  I even started the setup program on a different machine just so I could go to the TMP folder and try to extract this cab file.  The extraction still fails after the same Greeting.dpv file is extracted. 

It seems apparent to me that the download file is corrupt from Microsoft or my ISP somehow is causing the corruption.  The file version of the X12-30283.exe file is 12.0.4518.1014.  I called Microsoft and initiated a service call on the subject.  The first technician was unable to help and the problem has been escalated to the research department.  Who knows where this update will take me, but it is getting personal.  If I could only get my hands on an Office 2007 Small Business CD to perform the install with my purchase key.  I have an Office 2007 Professional CD, but it will not accept the new key (which didn't surprise me, but it was worth a shot).

• Proposed as answer by gobbligook Thursday, October 1, 2009 6:59 PM
    Friday, August 15, 2008 10:17 PM
  • I was running into the same problem with windows 7 and SBS 2007.  I was able to get it to install by first running the disk cleanup tool and remove all the temporary files.

Thursday, October 1, 2009 7:01 PM
  • I purchased Office 2007 SBS license Sngl OLP but no disk. Now , How I can download this disk ?
    take office at 2007 OLP busiiness small!

please ,
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:06 AM
  • Well I have this problem, I've never found any solution. At least it could come from the Hard drive format type which do not support more than 2Go sized files... well, I've never been able to test it.

Did you have any asnwer from Microsoft ?

Regards

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 9:01 AM