Skype O365 - No options for Join Meeting Audio From RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I've a couple of users that do not have the option in Skype to use Skype for audio - I've searched the net but can't seem to find the right search terms. There should be an option that says "Joining Conference Calls" and "Join Meeting Audio From" then a drop down menu to select "Do Not Join Audio" or "Skype For Business" but these users do not have that option and as such can't ever join audio on calls, which pretty much makes Skype pointless. The users are licensed and have Office 2016 Pro installed, the same installation as other users who have the correct options.

Has anyone see this before and if they have, how did they fix it? I'd like the users to be able to use Skype for Business for Skype calls - which doesn't sound too much to ask to me.

thanks,

Matt

Friday, January 26, 2018 1:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

Normally all users can do P2P calls. But if a user wants to do a PSTN call they must have Enterprise Voice enabled. You need the correct Office365 license for that.

Also check if the Skype for Business basic client is installed, then you have no voice capabilities.

Greetings,

Erdem

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

• Edited by Er-D Friday, January 26, 2018 3:28 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Er-D Friday, January 26, 2018 3:29 PM
    Friday, January 26, 2018 3:28 PM
  • Hi Matt,

Which Office365 license did these users have?

What is your SFB client version number?

If others have same license, but they have this function, please try to remove the license and re-assign the license.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, January 29, 2018 7:03 AM
  • Skype Meetings is what you want to check in the client options
    Saturday, February 3, 2018 4:39 AM