Need 32-bit version of Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone have a 32-bit version of Windows 7 that I can get from them.  My 64-bit version doesn't seem to work on my computer and I wanted to try the 32-bit version. 
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 6:25 PM

Answers

• Soundmixer said:

Anyone have a 32-bit version of Windows 7 that I can get from them.  My 64-bit version doesn't seem to work on my computer and I wanted to try the 32-bit version. 

The public downloads were no longer available at the time of this original posting.
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP(x2), MCTS(x5), MCP(x7), MCBMSP
    Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)
    Friday, March 13, 2009 12:06 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• What are your computer specs?  What problems are you experiencing? 
    • Proposed as answer by Tyserman474 Sunday, March 15, 2009 7:09 PM
    Sunday, March 1, 2009 7:18 PM
  • Things like dsl drivers for older setups only seeing 98-XP drivers, hardwares witrhout 64bit drivers available, and the list goes on most likely. Unfortunately you missed the deadline in order to download the 32bit 7 beta by roughly 3 weeks now. If this is on an older system that saw XP but not any Vista updates it will likely lack 64bit support for the main board itself. Video and sound cards seem to see the best 3rd party driver support presently. Note the following seen for Vista even:

The 64-bit version of Windows Vista is not for everyone. Please confirm that your system, applications, and devices are compatible with a 64-bit edition of Windows Vista before installing. Learn more about the 64-bit editions of Windows Vista.   http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/1033/ordermedia/default.mspx

Monday, March 2, 2009 1:56 AM
  • Soundmixer said:

Anyone have a 32-bit version of Windows 7 that I can get from them.  My 64-bit version doesn't seem to work on my computer and I wanted to try the 32-bit version. 

The public downloads were no longer available at the time of this original posting.
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP(x2), MCTS(x5), MCP(x7), MCBMSP
    Principal/CTO, Onsite Technology Solutions, Houston, Texas
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2009)
    Friday, March 13, 2009 12:06 AM
    Answerer
  • I have a 32 bit version however, I'm looking for the 64 bit version. maybe we can swap?
    e-mail: jonndawn2@charter.net
    Friday, March 13, 2009 4:07 PM
  • Soundmixer,
    Is there any chance that I can get a copy of your 64 bit version. The one I have will not run at all, I am just getting around to installing it and now of course a person can't re-download it.
    Please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Tyserman474
    Sunday, March 15, 2009 7:10 PM