none
Project Server/SharePoint 2010 Failure to create Project site RRS feed

• Question

• After publishing the project as a Project Manager, I go to Project site and II get a message that "Your queue job CreateWssSite failed. Contact site administrator" .   Please see screen shot.  Actually the ptoject site is created and is accessible by other groups except Executive and Project Manager Groups.   Why do we get this message and not able to see the site from the Project Managers and Executive Groups, while others (Admin and Team memebrs) can access the site?  And why do I get the message that create project site was failed when it is actually created?
    shyam koppikar
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:09 PM
  • Thanks Paul and Hritik Deshpnde.  I tried  as you suggested.  PWA--> Site Settings--> projects sites.  I see the site names and the site addresses for all ptoject.  There are no blank project or sites.  The projects sites ae created, so the error message that "Site can not be created" is misleeading.  Although, project managers can not access the sites, every other group is able to access. We tried to play with permissions of Project manager group.  But no luck. Still not sure what the problem is.
    shyam koppikar
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:02 AM
  • Thanks, but I do not think this is the solution. When I navigate to PWA>>Server Setting>> Project Sites, I see project names and project addresses for all projects created and published. There are no blank fields. The problem is only project Manager and Executive Group cannot access the project site. All other Groups can. We tried some permission changes, now PM and Exe Groups were able to access the site for some projects but not all. It is very strange. I still cannot figure out why for a few projects, PM and Exec groups can access the site, but for all projects, while all other groups can.

shyam koppikar
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:31 AM