Will there be a "Windows XP Professional integrated Service Pack 3 Retail CD"? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I want to know if there would be a Windows XP Professional integrated Service Pack 3 Retail CD from Microsoft? When yes I also want to know if there would be a public release or a release for TechNet members?

I would be glad when someone can give me a reply!

thank you

greetings from austria Smile
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:57 AM

Answers

• Yes, there will be an integrated ISO build from Microsoft, but it will only be available to

(1) MSDN and TechNet subscribers

(2) customers with volume license, open license, etc

(3) OEM

The retail shrink wrapped packages on the shelves will not be updated with a SP3 integrated CD.   A standalone SP3 CD will be available for ordering as a fulfilment some time later, but I am not sure whether the integrated CD will also be available for fulfilment. 

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:54 AM

All replies

• Yes, there will be an integrated ISO build from Microsoft, but it will only be available to

(1) MSDN and TechNet subscribers

(2) customers with volume license, open license, etc

(3) OEM

The retail shrink wrapped packages on the shelves will not be updated with a SP3 integrated CD.   A standalone SP3 CD will be available for ordering as a fulfilment some time later, but I am not sure whether the integrated CD will also be available for fulfilment. 

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:54 AM
  • I am curious as to what the correct volume label for the CD Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 (x86) - CD (English) en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x14-80428.iso should be.
    Wednesday, May 7, 2008 8:45 AM
  •  heustess wrote:
    I am curious as to what the correct volume label for the CD Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 (x86) - CD (English) en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x14-80428.iso should be.

GRTMPFPP_EN
    Wednesday, May 7, 2008 11:25 AM
  •  Firewall123 wrote:

GRTMPFPP_EN

Thanks for your patience and prompt reply. I just remembered that the proper volume label is automatically produced when burning the ISO. My curiosity got the best of me.

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 1:37 PM