BAD_POOL_CALLER error RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting frequent reboots with the error saying "BAD_POOL_CALLER".

This is a zip file of the minidump folder in WINDOWS.

I use Kaspersky antivirus. Reboots are more common when using hotspot tethering via my android phone.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=F713002E464BD7CB!202&authkey=!AJRFlEEd0b0GYJ0

Monday, September 16, 2013 11:28 AM

Answers

• Thanks a lot. It worked! It is odd that the customer care executive of McAfee didn't inform me about this removal tool. Anyway, thanks for the help!
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, October 4, 2013 5:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 6:19 PM

All replies

• The kneps.sys, along with the klflt.sys,  which are Kaspersky drivers, are blamed for the crash:

BugCheck C2, {7, 11c1, 402000d, fffffa8007572c90}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kneps.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kneps.sys
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klflt.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klflt.sys
    GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80226fda168
    GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80226fda1f8
    Probably caused by : kneps.sys ( kneps+6811 )

However there is also McAfee installed and having two real-time antivirus and firewall software installed can cause stability issues which can be severe.

Try uninstalling both Kasperksy and McAfee and then install a fresh copy of Kaspersky, or use alternative security software such as Windows 8 built-in antivirus (Windows Defender) and firewall.

Monday, September 16, 2013 12:06 PM
  • McAfee is preinstalled in my PC(Lenovo y500) and I have tried my best to uninstall it. It seems that McAfee cant be removed. What about the  error "ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x5A440)" in dumpfiles??
    Monday, September 16, 2013 6:10 PM
  • this is the error i get while trying to uninstall mcafee

Monday, September 16, 2013 6:19 PM
  • McAfee is preinstalled in my PC(Lenovo y500) and I have tried my best to uninstall it. It seems that McAfee cant be removed. What about the  error "ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x5A440)" in dumpfiles??

Don't pay any heed to the ntoskrnl.exe.

It is imperative though that McAfee is removed. Try the removal tool in the following link:

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:51 AM
  • Thanks a lot. It worked! It is odd that the customer care executive of McAfee didn't inform me about this removal tool. Anyway, thanks for the help!
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, October 4, 2013 5:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2013 6:19 PM
  • You're welcome.

Post back if you get any more blue screen errors.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:33 AM