none
Calendar Conditional Formatting: Highlight exceptions to a recurring series

Question

• Cross posting from the Office Forums at the request of their moderator (I can't post the link apaprently)

Hi - I have a number of recurring meetings each week. I can only book rooms a fortnight in advance so most of the locations are 'tbc' until I book a room. I want to highlight appointments that have 'tbc' in their location to remind me to book a room

Using conditional formatting works fine for non-recurring meetings, but as the 'series' has tbc in the location it highlights ALL meetings in the series even the ones that do have meeting rooms reserved. 

Does conditional formatting only work on the series and not on the individual occurrence? That seems odd to me

Monday, October 17, 2016 7:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, you want to have a reminder to remind you to book a room for the recurring meeting in your Calendar.

As a workaround, please consider to create an recurring appointment in your calendar for a reminder purpose. For example, if the recurring meeting occurred every Saturday effective 10/22/2016 until 12/1/2016 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM, we can create an recurring appointment occurs every 2 week(s) on Saturday effective 10/22/2016 until 12/1/2016 from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM to reminder you for a room booking.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, you want to have a reminder to remind you to book a room for the recurring meeting in your Calendar.

As a workaround, please consider to create an recurring appointment in your calendar for a reminder purpose. For example, if the recurring meeting occurred every Saturday effective 10/22/2016 until 12/1/2016 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM, we can create an recurring appointment occurs every 2 week(s) on Saturday effective 10/22/2016 until 12/1/2016 from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM to reminder you for a room booking.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:43 AM
  • Unfortunately this "answer" has nothing to do with the question. And yet the person who posted it marked it as the answer :/

@maxillis, if you ever found out how to do this I'd love to know as I'd like to create a conditional formatting rule that does the same.

Ignore the location set in the meeting series, but use the location in the meeting occurrence.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:42 AM