send mails with delay RRS feed

• Question

• A colleague of mine does administration and she uses Outlook to send mails coming from her boss to her other colleagues to wish them a happy birthday. These mails are supposed to be sent on the moment they have their birthdays. But strangely sometimes these mails get sent and sometimes they don't. Any idea what I can do? Logs to check? Issues to check? 
    • Moved by Steve Fan Thursday, January 25, 2018 3:04 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Wednesday, January 24, 2018 4:45 PM

All replies

• if she is doing it through outlook, i would imagine she has to be logged in on the date of the birthday or the (send on) will not fire. Do you manage your exchange environment? why not just make a script to send out the e-mail on the server impersonating her boss?
    Wednesday, January 24, 2018 4:50 PM
  • Hi,

How were these emails sent out automatically? Did you achieve this via a 3rd tool or add-in?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 25, 2018 8:12 AM
  • My colleague uses the "delay delivery" option in Outlook itself. 
    But I asked her to test if it has any correlation with being logged on or not by making two mails that have a delayed delivery tomorrow at 7 am (when she's not yet at work) and one at 10 am (when she is already in). 
    I'll get back to you at that point! Thanks already for the responses.
    Thursday, January 25, 2018 10:15 AM
  • So, the test worked fine: The mail that was set for delayed delivery at 7am (when she wasn't logged in or even at the office) arrived in my mailbox. So that's not the problem.

Any logs I can check or so? 
    Friday, January 26, 2018 8:42 AM
  • Hi Martrim,

Does your colleague have cached Exchange mode enabled? See:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/918824/an-e-mail-message-may-not-be-delivered-at-the-scheduled-time-when-you

You may try to turn off cached Exchange mode and then see whether this issue will happen again.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Steve Fan Monday, January 29, 2018 9:43 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:10 AM
    Monday, January 29, 2018 9:43 AM
  • It seems this is no longer an issue. I have tried several things unsuccesfully, but still it's no longer an issue. Thx for the help!
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 11:57 AM