PPS Scorecard deployed to SQL Reporting Services RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

When I publish a PPS Scorecard to SQL Reporting Services (2008), it goes through without any problem.
    I'm using PPS with SP2 & SQL Reporting Services (Enterprise).

When I try to view the report in Report Manager, I get this error:

• An error occurred during client rendering.
      • An error has occurred during report processing.
        • An attempt has been made to use a data extension 'ScorecardDPE' that is either not registered for this report server or is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.

In the Properties tab, in Data Source Type, it shows ScorecardDPE & the following error:

The data processing extension used for this report is not available. It has either been uninstalled, or it is not configured correctly.

Please help.

Thanks.

Friday, June 12, 2009 2:05 AM

All replies

• Are you sure that you have configured the Scorecard Viewer for Reporting Services?  I would make sure that you run the Monitoring Server Configuration Manager tool and have this installed.  Here are a couple of references for the installation steps depending on your setup:

Install Monitoring Server in a distributed environment
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb838752.aspx

Install Monitoring Server on a single computer
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb838741.aspx

Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, June 12, 2009 10:42 AM
  • After reading your reply, realised that it's something to do with the Scorecard Viewer for Reporting Services.
    So I removed this component & added it again.

Now I'm getting this error when I deploy the Scorecard to Reporting Services & there's no report created.

Invalid scorecard view configuration: invalid column headers!

I created a new Scorecard & still the same error.
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 1:51 AM
  • My initial layout had KPIs on Columns & Months (with Actual/ Target) on Rows, which is when I got the error above.

If I interchange this with KPIs on Rows & Months (with Actual/ Target) on Columns, there's no error & the Scorecard is deployed correctly.

Does this mean that KPIs have to be on Rows & Actual/ Target on Columns only before deploying to Reporting Services?
    Our requirement is KPIs with Actual/ Target on Rows & Months on Columns.
    Is it possible to get this layout?
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 4:18 AM
  • Found that the required layout is not possible in PPS.

So I've exported the scorecard to SSRS & changed the layout according to our requirement.

Drawback in this:
    The Look & Feel of PPS is gone.
    Clicking the KPI to open Detailed Reports does not work.

Saturday, June 20, 2009 11:07 AM