Best offsite cloud backup for SBS2011 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello, does anyone have any experience with cloud backup? I have used iBackup for a little bit, but their software sucks and doesn't work very well with SBS. Time for a change - any advice appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Greg. 

• Changed type Sean Zhu - Thursday, December 1, 2011 5:41 AM
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 5:59 PM

All replies

• Is this for your server or are you looking for something for your customers?

Sunday, November 27, 2011 8:02 PM
  • "Best" covers a lot of ground.  What is your primary critera?  Ease of use?  Ease of Recovery?  Cost? 

I know, all of it, but different strokes for different folks.  Remember that retreiving 100 GB from the cloud over a dsl connection is going to take weeks.  There is a lot to consider here, so you have to decide what is of primary importance.

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP]
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 8:09 PM
  • For my own server. I obviously use the built in SBS backup with an external drive, but in case of disaster, I like the idea of my data also being stored off site and rotating hard drives is a bit old school IMHO. 

We have quite a good cable connection so to bring down 100gig would take a couple of days, not a couple of weeks - in the end it's a backup of a backup and it's highly unlikely I'll never need to recover anything from it.  

I'm giving Rackspace's Jungle Drive a go at the moment, I'll have a play with it and report back. 

Sunday, November 27, 2011 11:01 PM
  • Greg,

If you plan to setup an offsite backup server and backup your SBS server data to the offsite backup server, try the StoreGrid backup application. You can backup unlimited SBS server data (files & folders, application data such as Exchange, SQL Server, Sharepoint etc) to your offsite backup server.

If you don't want to setup your own backup server and want to backup to an existing offsite backup server, you can choose Vembu Pro online backup service. Your backup data will be stored in Amazon S3 storage and you can restore your backup data where ever you are.

--

Aravind

Vembu Technologies.

Monday, November 28, 2011 2:51 PM
  • Hello, does anyone have any experience with cloud backup? I have used iBackup for a little bit, but their software sucks and doesn't work very well with SBS. Time for a change - any advice appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Greg. 

Greg might i suggest you try these guys the service i received was outstanding they went the whole 9 yards to comprehend my business requirements, out of all the businesses i contacted they really came through with a total solution saving me a fortune! http://www.speedster-it.com/cloud-backup-london/ 15p a GB, no bandwith charges ^ tier 2 data centre, i could not find a cheaper backup solution anywhere else in the UK.
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:39 PM
  •  

Hello Greg, the market is full of options and I did a lot of research tell recently I came to Zoolz.

It is very cool and easy cloud service. I have started with them with free 4GB storage. Data centers located on Amazon S3.

You can check them here:  http://www.zoolz.com/

• Edited by stephenieH Sunday, February 5, 2012 8:05 AM
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 8:05 AM
  • Adopted a newly released backup software called CloudBacko (cloudbacko.com). Their Pro version works great for backing up my SBS.

• Edited by CeeRon Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:22 AM
    Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:21 AM