Paperport 11 SE+ Image Printer (to PDF format) RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded to Windows 7.  I went to the Brothers site to retrieve information on reinstalling Paperport 11 SE+.  Also, retrieved information on reinstalling the Image Printer.  Everything installed and the software is working.  The problem is that the links don't work in the PDF document.  Here's an example:

Go to site in Internet Explorer to retrieve a knitting pattern.

Choose File/Print/Paperport Image Printer to print the web page.

The Paperport automatically opens and converts the web page to a PDF document.

I drag the document to the Adobe link and Adobe opens the PDF document.

All of the html links in the PDF document will not operate (won't open Internet Explorer and go to the site).

Links in other Adobe PDF documents that were not created by using the Paperport Image Printer do work--just the links in PDF documents created using Paperport Image Printer do not work.

Thanks.

My Adobe preferences are set to ask me before allowing links.  My Security includes Adobe and Paperport 11 SE+ to be allowed to access the Internet.  I even tried allowing the image printer executable security access, but that didn't work. 

• Edited by ktodd Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:00 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 8:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest can try to use administrator permission to open the application to check the result. To do this, right click the icon, select Run as Administrator.

Also, use compatibility mode to test the issue. You can refer to Help with Windows 7 compatibility problems.

Meanwhile, boot into Clean Boot to check whether this issue is related to third party tools.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:27 AM
  • That does not resolve the link issue.
    Saturday, November 24, 2012 4:59 PM
  • Hi,

You can check whether this application would compatible with Windows 7 via the following link.

Compatibility Center

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win7/CompatCenter/Home?Language=en-US

If not, it is better to contact the application provider for more help.

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 3, 2012 8:51 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by ktodd Saturday, December 15, 2012 8:48 PM
    Monday, November 26, 2012 1:52 AM