Changing the ‘ringback’ tone heard after a TransferToUri action is implemented. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I’ve set the TimeoutAction of a queue to to deliver the Action = TransferToUri when this happens the caller hears what sounds like a single ‘ringback’ tone before being then transferred (in this case to a different Response Group queue.) I’d like to know where this audio that sounds like a ‘ringback’ tone is located/stored on the server and if I can change or control this audio.

Thanks

Thursday, April 26, 2012 12:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can try New-CsRgsCallAction to set Prompt.

Prompt to be played before the call action takes place. (For example, "Please hold while your call is transferred.") Prompts must be created by using the New-CsRgsPrompt cmdlet.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398136.aspx

The Example 1 is used for OverflowAction, you can change it to TimeoutAction.
    Regards,
    Kent

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, May 1, 2012 7:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by ProblemChild_UK Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:04 AM
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 2:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try New-CsRgsCallAction to set Prompt.

Prompt to be played before the call action takes place. (For example, "Please hold while your call is transferred.") Prompts must be created by using the New-CsRgsPrompt cmdlet.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398136.aspx

The Example 1 is used for OverflowAction, you can change it to TimeoutAction.
    Regards,
    Kent

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Tuesday, May 1, 2012 7:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by ProblemChild_UK Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:04 AM
    Sunday, April 29, 2012 2:36 AM
  • Hi Kent,

Sorry for the delayed response. Your solution sounds like it is very likely to be what I’m looking for thanks.

I’ll have to test things but hopefully you’re right.

Thanks.  

Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:04 AM