none
Redirected folders and programs run with admin rights

Question

• Hi,

I am using windows server 2012 standard edition with redirected folders policy for Desktop and Documents. the clients running windows 8.1 prof 32bit. we are using a program needs administrator rights and i am using the following command in a shortcut to run the program as administrator with out asking for password

runas /user:ComputerName\Administrator /savecred “C:\Path\To\Program.exe“  

the program run perfect but if i select the desktop to export the report the data will saved to the administrator desktop not the user desktop so the user exported the report without problem but cannot find the report after that because the files were saved on the administrator desktop!!! how to solve this problem. thank you for your help.

Saturday, April 01, 2017 9:38 PM

Answers

• > i don`t believe that there is no way to run  some programs as administrator on the user profile!!

You can run it, yes - but it will have its own environment since it runs with a different user account.

• Marked as answer by Ahmed-Jamal Tuesday, April 04, 2017 7:35 AM
    Monday, April 03, 2017 4:18 PM

All replies

• /env, perhaps?
    Saturday, April 01, 2017 10:34 PM
  • > the program run perfect but if i select the desktop to export the report the data will saved to the administrator desktop not the user desktop

Yes, what do you expect? Instruct the user NOT to save on the desktop - OR create a shortcut on each user's personal desktop that points to a shared location (like %public%).

Monday, April 03, 2017 11:55 AM
  • Thank You Martine Binder. i was thinking if there any way to use the administrator privilege on the user profile i don`t believe that there is no way to run  some programs as administrator on the user profile!!
    Monday, April 03, 2017 3:02 PM
  • > i don`t believe that there is no way to run  some programs as administrator on the user profile!!

You can run it, yes - but it will have its own environment since it runs with a different user account.

• Marked as answer by Ahmed-Jamal Tuesday, April 04, 2017 7:35 AM
    Monday, April 03, 2017 4:18 PM