Slow package download app-v 5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, we are having issues with slow downloading packages with app-v 5

for example we have a large app-v package 1.3 gb, when i click download front the app-v client console, it takes about ten minutes and the appvclient.exe is running on 100%, i think about 1 MB/sec.

when i just copy the file in windows explorer it downloads is about a minut, 100 MB/sec over gigabit network.

could someone help me, or give a reference what time it takes for doenloading packages in your environment?

Thanks,

Johnny Bos

Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:14 AM

All replies

• What protocol are you using for streaming?
    • How are you publishing the packages to the client?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Thursday, May 2, 2013 9:35 AM
  • in the publishing xml file is an unc path to the appv file, so i think we are using smb streaming.

we publish the applications with the app-v management server, per user not global.

Greetings,

Johnny Bos

Thursday, May 2, 2013 10:00 AM
  • in the publishing xml file is an unc path to the appv file, so i think we are using smb streaming.

we publish the applications with the app-v management server, per user not global.

Greetings,

Johnny Bos

tested with smb and http streaming, same results.

could someone please provide information about download speeds in your environment?

what is the size of a package, time to download, download speed?

Thanks

Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:24 PM
  • Could you download the App-V package locally and publish the application from your localdrive? Which version of SMB are you using? (Keep in mind, the weakest link is your SMB version)
    Friday, May 3, 2013 11:01 AM
  • that is a good suggestion roel, i am not on work now, but your collegae Ralph is coming monday on our site to implement the production environment of app-v 5.0.

we will see how it performs in that environment, and discuss it with him.

Thanks,

Johnny Bos

Waterschap groot Salland 

Friday, May 3, 2013 12:06 PM