none
Network Connector Server settings RRS feed

• Question

• When setting up the newtork connector server their is and adnvanced tab that has a section for server resources. Could anybody explain what those fields are for and what they do. HAs anybody changed these settings to get NC working better ?

Monday, November 9, 2009 4:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• We tested changing the two fields on the right "session timeout" and "device timeout" hoping it would lead to quicker notification of loss of VPN connection on the client PC (see my post in your other thread)

but no value in either field made a change to the ammount of time the users had to sit and wait for the conneciton to finally "fail"
    Monday, November 9, 2009 7:10 PM
  • The Advanced tab's settings are covered in Page 199 of the IAG's user guide:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/F/9/2F9D9113-B84B-4838-98A0-A3AEFA6608E2/IAG_UserGuide.pdf

Please read through these, and if there's a specific one that is unclear, please respond to this thread and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

As for your other question - please clarify what you mean by "better"?
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:37 PM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:37 PM
  • I would like to know what the Device Timeout and Service Timeout settings are actually setting the timeout against.
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 1:59 PM