Perspective view tool tip issue RRS feed

• Question

• I remember reading somewhere that the tool tip for the perspective view graphic doesn't work in the ProClarity Web Professional or Dashboard due to some issue related to the browser. Since the information provided by the tool tip is essencial, such a problem pretty much renders this (excellent) kind of graphic unusable.

I'd like to confirm this issue because recently I have presented some views to my client, in its office, and the tool tip worked fine in the ProClarity Web Professional (inside IE browser) for a perspective view graphic. Even the lateral sliders worked, what didn't happen in other computers I have tested. So this puzzled me. Is there any combination of Internet Explorer version and ActiveX version that makes this view work or not? I'll appreciate any clues on this issue.

Thanks,

Marco.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:57 PM

Answers

• Marco,

The Perspective is only a graphic when viewed in the ProClarity Analytics Server Web Standard client.  This graphic will not have the tool tips you expect.  The Desktop and Web Professional will have the tool tips and the fully dynamic Perspective. 

I believe there are some problems with tool tips in version 6.2 and IE 7 since IE 7 was not out at the time of release.

-Joey

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:48 PM

All replies

• Marco,

The Perspective is only a graphic when viewed in the ProClarity Analytics Server Web Standard client.  This graphic will not have the tool tips you expect.  The Desktop and Web Professional will have the tool tips and the fully dynamic Perspective. 

I believe there are some problems with tool tips in version 6.2 and IE 7 since IE 7 was not out at the time of release.

-Joey

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:48 PM
  • Joey,

Thanks for the answer. Since the perspective view also shows as a graphic in the Dashboard, it is pretty much useless, don't you think?

Regards,

Marco.
    Friday, July 25, 2008 2:14 PM
  • Marco,

The Perspective view does limit the end user's ability to do ad-hoc analysis inside the Web Standard when compared to the more functional charts and grids.  However, it still provides the analysis as originally built by the view builder and the view can be opened in Web Professional if you want to provide more capabilities for the end user.

Best Wishes,

-Joey

Monday, August 4, 2008 9:41 PM