windows could not set the offline locale information. error code : 0x80000001 RRS feed

• Question

• Using the English version of MDT 2010 and WAIK we started with a generic Spanish volume license version of Win 7 Pro, made our customizations, and Sysprep’ed & Captured the image.  We also added the Spanish PE Language pack to the WINPE Boot disk image so that the image and the WinPE bootr disk are using the same language file.  Addidionally, I have confirmed that the WINPE and Custom Win7 WIM contain the ES language pack using the DISM /get-intl command. 

So far so good but when I deploy the image I get prompted during the OS Installation phase with a dialogue screen named “Install Windows” to choose a language (“Language to Install” and I am only offered English as my only choice.  In the same dialogue screen there are separate pulldowns for “Time and Currency format’ and one for Keyboard or input method”.  Both these pulldowns allow you to choose multiple options, unlike the language pull down which only offers English.   If I click next it proceeds with the “Installing Features” phase and I immediately get this error: "windows could not set the offline locale information. error code : 0x80000001".

Friday, October 8, 2010 8:33 PM

Answers

• As it turns out any errors in your unattend.xml file may cause it to come out of automated mode and present dialogue boxes whereas prior to the errors it would proceeded without any prompts or dialogue.
    • Marked as answer by Scifibri Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:59 PM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:58 PM

All replies

• no takers?  this one has me stumped...

Monday, October 11, 2010 4:02 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the post!

I don't have similar environment to reproduce the issue you meet, but based on the following article, you may need to use full language pack instead of WinPE language pack for the multiple-language deployment.

Refer to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744336(WS.10).aspx

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:38 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Scifibri Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:55 PM
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:21 AM
  • As it turns out any errors in your unattend.xml file may cause it to come out of automated mode and present dialogue boxes whereas prior to the errors it would proceeded without any prompts or dialogue.
    • Marked as answer by Scifibri Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:59 PM
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:58 PM