Windows XP media player 11 TV freezes up. RRS feed

• Question

• When I select media player, the menue displays, I select TV. AT that point the screen locks up And I have to use task mgr. in order to end the program. It did work at one time though. ANy suggestions?

I have some further info to my problem. While media player was locked up, I was watching TV, about 10 minutes went by, when out of the corner of my eye, I saw the media player screen change. It came up with three different messages. They are in the order that they appeared: 1. CRITICL PROCESS fAILURE, a critcal Media Center process has unexpectedly failed. If the problems persist, please restart your machine and try again, or contact technicial support. Code:3

2. COMPONENT REGISTRATION FAILURE, Some of the files needed to play radio or video are missing or corrupt. Media Center component registration may have failed.

3. MESSENGER FAILURE, Media Center was unable to open Messenger. Please make sure that Windows Messenger is installed on your system.

I tried #1, and #3 is installed. Eventually the TV does work, but when I close it out and try re entering the problem still exist. I hope this info helps with a solution. Thanks

Friday, January 21, 2011 8:11 PM