none
TFS to Project Server Synchronization via Server-Side Integration? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an existing TFS project with several Product Backlog Items (PBI) & Tasks loaded.  I now want to create a Project Server project, link the two projects, and sync the TFS items over to Project Server.  I believe one option is to go into each TFS Task and on the Project Server tab set the 'Submit to Project Server' flag to 'Yes'.  I can certainly do this but was wondering if there is an easier way to synchronize these tasks via server-side integration?
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 12:01 PM

Answers

• You may be able to use the Bulk Edit feature in Visual Studio's Tools menu.  Or you may find in Team Explorer > Documents > Shared Documents that there is an Excel workbook you can open and then quickly/easily set the publish flag to yes for all of the work items.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Doz4 Thursday, May 9, 2013 5:19 PM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:36 PM

All replies

• You may be able to use the Bulk Edit feature in Visual Studio's Tools menu.  Or you may find in Team Explorer > Documents > Shared Documents that there is an Excel workbook you can open and then quickly/easily set the publish flag to yes for all of the work items.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Doz4 Thursday, May 9, 2013 5:19 PM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:36 PM
  • Reid, thanks again for another answer to one of my questions.  You're the man! :-)

-Dale

Thursday, May 9, 2013 5:21 PM